Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Address:750 Hammond Drive, Atlanta, GA 30328
Accounting Manager – One of our clients is looking for an Accounting Manager.
• Public Accounting Experience
• Large Company experience - $500M in revenue or more
• 6+ years experience
This position plays an important role with managing various accounting functions with the divisions, tax department, internal and external audit. This position will manage the monthly close process in addition to providing guidance to the junior team members of the corporate accounting group. The person in this position is to execute solutions related to improving accounting processes and is responsible for the more complicated and/or complex general ledger accounts that present a diverse range of issues and data requiring the application of in-depth analysis and research necessary to support the daily activities of the department. This person works with latitude for independent decision-making and judgment within the framework of the job’s primary duties.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations for accounts with greater complexity. Research and document financial fluctuations. Collect data from source documents through data downloads and extracts verify and confirm data accuracy
• Facilitate the quarterly and annual audit in addition to the preparation of work papers. Serve as audit liaison for both Internal and External auditors and manage SOX activities for the Corporate Accounting Group
• Manage the monthly forecast preparation of the Company. Prepare analytical analysis on fluctuations as required with distribution to the divisions in addition to the Corporate Finance groups
• Lead the company wide process to streamline the account reconciliation process. Provide training and guidance
• Identify areas of improvement within the accounting department to increase efficiencies and develop streamlined accounting processes, implementing solutions accordingly
• Remain current on department operating processes and compliance guidelines, informs customers accordingly and ensure that processed transactions are compliant. Inform management of non-compliant or questionable issues
• Perform other duties, as required
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline required
• CPA certification required; MBA preferred
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) required. Knowledge of economic principles, auditing practices and principles, and applicable laws, codes and regulations
• Proficiency with PC and software applications including Advanced Excel, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint
• Proficiency using department database systems such as JD Edwards, AS400, etc.
• Excellent analytical skills to interpret and adapt known methods, system procedures or operating concepts to new situations
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks with concentration, speed and accuracy to meet deadlines
• Willingness to challenge established practices and draw relevant conclusions. Ability to persuade, market and sell new ideas