The Senior SOX Auditor provides a review of financial processes and procedures in order to evaluate best practices, efficiency and compliance with the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. In addition, the Senior SOX Auditor is responsible for the overall consolidated SOX scoping exercise (with the support of the business unit leads); quarterly and annual reporting of testing and certifications; coordination with process and control owners for quarterly certifications; coordination with process owners for annual process document updates; coordination with external auditors on audit issues around compliance; issuance of quarterly and annual test covers in audit system; and administration of SOX tool (Oracle GRC).
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. A graduate degree desired. Professional certification (CPA or CIA) required. • Minimum of 5 years of experience in accounting and audit with demonstrated professional growth and achievement in an organization of comparable scope and complexity
• Demonstrated experience in preparation and evaluation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliant programs
• Demonstrated project management experience. Leadership in organizing, planning and executing compliance procedures from vision through implementation across multiple internal reporting and organizational lines
• Demonstrated experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement involving financial and operational controls
• Knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices, management principles and preferred business practices.
• Knowledge of The International Professional Practices Framework developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don’t Work participant. (EEO/AA M/F/D/V)
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.