Stock, a Gores Group portfolio company, is a leading supplier of building materials and solutions to service-minded professional home builders and contractors in the United States. Stock combines the most knowledgeable associates and efficient infrastructure to ensure it delivers the highest value possible to customers.
At Stock Building Supply, we not only help our customers to build their homes; we help our own associates to build their careers. To maintain our position as one of the leading suppliers of building materials, we are committed to hiring and developing talented associates who can deliver world-class customer service. You will find our organization very fast paced, fun and rewarding. We believe that in an environment where our associates are empowered to service the customer, we all win.
Designs and completes layouts of residential roof and floor truss systems for pricing and manufacturing.
1. Designs residential roof and floor truss systems and produces layouts.
2. Discusses changes and corrections with engineers, architects and contractors prior to and during construction.
3. Presents, sells and follows-up on new jobs.
4. Coordinates, sells and does follow-ups of new jobs.
5. Prepares roof truss and truss joist floor layouts.
6. Performs job site inspections.
7. Produces materials list.
8. Determines special notes to append to contracts.
9. Resolves architectural and design discrepancies.
10. Assists in shipping department.
11. Performs other duties as necessary.
1. Minimum education required—AAS in civil, architectural or design related field, prefer Bachelor’s degree. Applicable work experience may be substituted for education requirement.
2. Minimum experience required—1-year drafting experience in a construction or building materials-related industry.
3. Special skills required—Proficient technical writing skills. Excellent salesmanship and communication skills.
4. Special knowledge required—Readingand interpreting blueprints in an architectural related industry.
5. Other—PC Literate with Microsoft Office products, AUTO CAD, and other design programs that facilitate learning in-house program with ease.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate. Stock Building Supply and it's subsidiaries does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Submitting a resume online at a job site could cause valuable screening information to be missed.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.