Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Will provide administrative and technical support for the Preconstruction Services department and the local RCM.
The Estimator will report to the RCM with additional direction and oversight from the Preconstruction Services Manager. This individual will preferably have 2+ years construction related experience and an undergraduate degree in construction, civil engineering or business.
General construction knowledge with the ability to read construction drawings will be required.
Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, along with good communication skills is mandatory.
The individual will have general duties and play a key role in the following areas:
1. Deliver accurate quantity take-off’s on all projects, utilizing On-Screen take-off software.
2. Assess and determine efficient site conditions by cut-fill analysis, utilizing Pay-Dirt software.
3. Review all due-diligence information and analyze its affect on project budgets.
4. Solicit and pre-qualify subcontractors and vendors for pricing and ensure proper trade coverage for each scope of work.
5. Update subcontractor database, including expansion of West Region database for new markets upon entrance.
6. Analyze trade quotes through Bid Form evaluations to secure budget control.
7. Manage job cost history and maintain upkeep of costs database.
8. Examine market-pricing trends.
9. Assist with project design of product type and analysis through conceptual plans/estimates/schedules.
10. Participate in budget preparation and reviews at Schematic, Design Development, and GMP estimate milestones.
11. Maintain all Preconstruction Services reports.
12. Help PM with review of construction drawings.
13. Log in shop drawings and revised construction drawings.
14. Distribute revised drawings.
15. Visit job site once every week or two with Project Manager to observe and discuss current construction procedures.
16. Analyze subcontractor performance and update subcontractor database.