Important Safety Tips: View properties in person, and always take someone with you. Never send or wire money to landlords. eBay Classifieds does not offer any transaction or payment services. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
The Mary Ellen Vanaken Team of Keller Williams Realty - http://www.mevhomes.com
According to Keller Williams Reasearch, homes in good condition sold 18 days faster than other homes. They also sold for more money with fewer price reductions.
Here are 10 tips for selling your home in North Atlanta.
1. Price It Right - Find out how much your home is worth then take 15-20 percent off the price. You will then have a large volume of buyers with multiple bids. Sounds scarey? It's one of the best strategies today since today is a sellers market!
2. Lighten Up Your Home - Be sure all light bulbs work and increase the wattage. Take down drapes and open all shades/blinds. Cut back all trees and shrubs close to home windows.
3. Remove All Clutter - Put away all personal items such as photos. You want the home to almost have that model home feel where the buyer can move right in and put out his/her personal items. Leave closet floors bare - creates illusion of a bigger closet. Straighten up pantries and all cabinets. Buyers WILL open all closets and cabinets so make them look organized.
4. Remove all pets - Not everyone is a pet lover. Seeing doggie bowls or cat litter pans gives the impression the home is not clean. During an open house, take the pets with you or ask a friend to watch them for the day. Be sure to vacuum up all pet hair!
5. Do Not Over Do On Upgrading - Keep it simple with fresh paint, door knobs, fix creaking doors and clean all grout. Anything else will end up costing you a lot of money that you probably won't get back in the sale of the home.
6. Stage The Home - Consider hiring a stagger for your home. Stagging a home means arranging the furniture to give the illusion of larger rooms. It could be as simple as removing some furniture pieces or transfering them to another room.
7. Focus On The Kitchen - Most in expensive kitchen updates include new cabinet hardware and paint. Use a neutral color to paint so buyers will envision their own style. Choose up to date hardware for the cabinets and possibly a new light over the kitchen table.
8. Always Be Ready - Be ready to show at any time of day and any day. Have ready a laundry basket to throw items into that are laying around the house. Then take the laundry basket with you when you leave. This is a quick way to pick up and get out.
9. Curb Appeal - It's that first impression that counts, so do not neglect your front yard and door way. Plant some bright flowers either near the door on in a pot on the front porch. Wash down the front door and remove all cobwebs. Be sure lawn it cut and edged and all bushes and trees are trimmed.
10. Choose The Right Agent - make sure you choose an agent who is familiar with the area and your neighborhood. They should know what is for sale in the area and what has sold. They also should be very savvy in internet marketing so your home can be viewed by as many potential buyers as possible!
Contact The Mary Ellen Vanaken Team of Keller Williams Realty and we will assist you in getting your home sold! http://www.mevhomes.com